What is Counselling?
Counselling is a therapeutic relationship between a qualified counsellor and the client. It is both professional and intentional. In difficult circumstances, family members and friends are unable to provide an objective point of view. Counselling offers this objective perspective, thus enabling the client to gain insights and strategies to assist in managing their particular situation.
Counselling usually takes place on a one-to-one basis:
- A counsellor and client will normally sit with one another for an hour to discuss any relevant issues which are presented by the client.
- The counselling process involves a ‘getting to know you’ period just like any new relationship.
- The client is able to choose a counsellor and counselling style which is best suited to their particular situation.
- In order to make the counselling process as comfortable as possible, you may request either a male or female counsellor.
- The counsellor and client play an equal role in the counselling process. There is no ‘expert’ in a counselling relationship.
- The counsellor’s intention is to make the counselling process both safe and supportive.
MTD Counselling and Consulting
Hours of operation:
A range of appointment times is available, during normal business hours and after hours (evenings and Saturdays) by negotiation.
MTD’s standard consultation fees range from $100.00 – $120.00 (GST inc.) per one hour session. These fees are payable at the time of consultation and are unable to be claimed from Medicare.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
MTD accepts EFTPOS, Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept Diners Club.
Our Leadership Team
Phil’s main interests in Professional Counselling are relationship issues as he enjoys working with individuals, couples and families. He holds a Masters of Counselling in addition to many other accreditations. View More
Previously a school counsellor, Loris has develop her skills and now specialises in children and adolescent counselling as well as parenting counselling. She is fully qualified with two diploma’s and a bachelor.
Our Counselling Services
- Personal & Relationship Counselling
- Counselling Children & Adolescents
- Loss & Grief Counselling
- Pre Marriage Counselling
- Stress & Burn Out Counselling
- Life Changes & Transitions
- Issues relating to Women
- Issues relating to Men
- Telephone & Video Counselling
- Professional Counselling Supervision